Bucks County Wine Trail invites wine lovers to kick off the holiday season on Dec. 10 and 11 by visiting member wineries decorated for the holidays while relaxing and enjoying delicious wine tastings, live music and artisanal cheeses.
Guests can also get a jump start on holiday shopping with special discount pricing, wine gift packs, gift baskets and unique wine accessories.
Here’s some of the weekend’s highlights:
- Buckingham Valley Vineyards will be serving complimentary warm spice wine and homemade holiday cookies. Holiday-labeled wine, Christmas tree ornaments, wine gift boxes and gift baskets will be available for purchase. Hours: Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday noon to 5 p.m.
- Crossing Vineyards and Winery will offer live music on Dec. 10 from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (no cover charge). Specialty pairing: Champagne Cocktail of your choice paired with cheeses, cured meats and chocolates. Cost: $20 per person. Riedel glassware is buy one get one 50 percent off throughout December. Hours: noon to 6 p.m. daily
- New Hope Winery will be serving complimentary Holiday Spice wine served with cookies. All accessories will be 25 percent off. Hours: Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rose Bank Winery will be serving complimentary tastings of Hallowine (a pumpkin and spiced apple wine) and spiced apple wine along with cheese and crackers. Additional wines can be sampled for a $6 tasting fee. On Sunday, in addition to tastings, the winery will host the Nicholl School of Irish Dance recital. Hours: Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Rushland Ridge Winery will be serving a spiced red wine with holiday treats. Tastings cost $5. Hours: Saturday noon to 6 p.m.; Sunday noon to 4 p.m.
- Sand Castle Winery will be offering special tastings of holiday food and wine pairings. Hours: Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wycombe Vineyards will be serving warm spiced wine. Hours: Saturday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday noon to 5 p.m.
About the Bucks County Wine Trail
The Bucks County Wine Trail was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in 2004. Today, nine wineries are part of the Bucks County Wine Trail: (Buckingham Valley Vineyards, 1521 Durham Road (Route 413) in Buckingham; Crossing Vineyards and Winery 1853 Wrightstown Road in Newtown; New Hope Winery, 6123 Lower York Road in Solebury; Peace Valley Winery, 300 Old Limekiln Road in Chalfont; Rose Bank Winery, 258 Durham Road (Route 413) in Newtown; Rushland Ridge Vineyards, 2665 Rushland Road in Jamison; Sand Castle Winery, 755 River Road, in Erwinna; Unami Ridge Winery, 2144 Kumry Road, in Quakertown; and Wycombe Vineyards, 1391 Forest Grove Road, in Furlong. Learn more about the Bucks County Wine Trail online.