At the recent School Board meeting, the Board began a discussion about possibly closing the Lower Elementary School, moving these students to the Upper Elementary School, and moving fifth grade students to the Middle School. As a parent, I am very concerned about the impact on our students of such a significant change, and have many questions about this plan and the reasons for these changes.
If, like me, you’re concerned about the possibility of:
· the LES closing;
· too many children being squeezed into the UES; and
· fifth graders in the Middle School
please join me in voicing our concerns to the School Board members. Parents need to speak up to ensure that the School Board considers all implications of this very big change and places our children’s needs first.
Here’s how you can get involved:
1) Sign the online petition. This will let our School Board members know that parents are concerned and want more information about this very important topic. We would like to present this to the School Board at their next meeting. http://signon.org/sign/new-hope-solebury-lower
2) Send an email to the School Board members sharing your personal opinion about the possible changes. This will be very effective! The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Attend the next School Board meetings on October 22nd and November 19th at 6:30. This topic should be on the November Agenda.
4) Forward this email to as many other parents as possible so we can speak with a louder voice.
The following article provides a few more details from the Board meeting:
For additional details, view the recent School Board packet on the district’s home page (pages 28-48).
Thank you for your participation!
Ellen Stiefel & Catherine Savitsky (LES parents)