Starting Wednesday, all McCaffrey’s locations, including their New Hope store at 300 W. Bridge St., will be open from 6 to 7 a.m. for customers 60 and older.
“We hear you – your emails, FB posts and google reviews!” McCaffrey’s owners said in an online message. “We agree that we need to protect our most vulnerable neighbors from the COVID-19 virus.”
McCaffrey’s provided greater detail on some of the logistics:
- “We are not asking to see ID, but we are pleading with people to comply with the 60 and older shopping restriction during the designated a.m. hours.
- Early opening for those 60 and older will occur every day of the week so customers can shop in a less crowded environment prior to any other customers.
- Store associates do reserve the right to ask customers to leave if they are not a member of this age group.
- Please use cart wipes & maintain distance between customers in lines & aisles.
- Our stores receive deliveries throughout the day, at various times, so our shelves will be replenished for all customers.
- We have implemented additional cleaning and sanitation efforts, which will continue throughout the day at all stores.”
“Thank you for caring for our elder population; we appreciate your support, patience & understanding,” the message concluded.