Published On: Fri, Aug 5th, 2016

Fire at South Main Street Apartment in New Hope Friday Night Brought Under Control; No Injuries

fireA fire that began at approximately 8 p.m. on South Main Street brought fire companies from New Hope and Lambertville into the heart of the borough’s crowded Friday night scene.

Smoke was seen pouring from an apartment above Main Street Wine Cellar at 88 Main St., as onlookers poured from Havana, Mojito and other night spots.

An official at the scene confirmed that the fire originated in a wall, and no injuries had been reported.

Firefighters reach the source of the fire quickly...

Firefighters reach the source of the fire quickly…

Firefighters used hooks to rip apart an exterior wall of the residence, which is located on the second floor of the building just north of Mojito Cuba Caribe (90 S. Main St.) High pressure water hoses were also employed.

New Hope Eagle Volunteer Fire Company was assisted by firefighters from Upper Makefield, Midway, Stockton and Point Pleasant, along with Lambertville-New Hope Ambulance and Rescue, and New Hope and Solebury police departments.

“Great team effort for a challenging call, given the crowds,” said one New Hope fire official.

...and blast it with hose a few minutes later after it proved stubborn.

…and blast it with the hose a few minutes later after it proves stubborn.

 

 

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

Save

About the Author

- “Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy." - Einstein

Displaying 1 Comments
Have Your Say
  1. Started in a wall…up to code electrical?

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>