Doylestown Hospital is now offering drive-through COVID-19 testing.
The concept of drive-through testing first emerged in South Korea when their coronavirus caseload began to rise, and it’s believed to have helped reduce cases and fatalities there.
Typically, those being tested drive up to a designated site in their cars, and medical staff (dressed in full protective gear) administer the swab test. The procedure usually takes about 15 minutes.
Here’s the details for Doylestown Hospital’s service:
Scheduling a COVID-19 Test
- Each patient must receive an order for COVID-19 testing from his/her primary care physician who is a member of the Doylestown Hospital Medical Staff.
- To find a primary care physician who is a member of the Doylestown Hospital Medical Staff, visit Find a Doctor.
- Your physician’s office will notify the hospital that you require testing.
- A Doylestown Hospital scheduler will call you with the time and day to report for your COVID-19 test.
Reporting for Your COVID-19 Test
- All testing will occur in a drive-through area; patients will remain in their vehicles. Signage on campus will point individuals to the appropriate area for screening.
- Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon
- Currently, patients may expect results of the testing in several days and are advised to stay home while awaiting results.
Leave a Comment